2/18/14

What's Your Love Story?

Greetings Ladies,

I am not one to pretend and so I lose patience with those who do. With that said, I am often confronted by women who wonder and then boldly ask" What is your story?". Now I am not referring to my marriage story. Most of you know that already. If you don't please take a quick read here.  No, I am talking about why I care so much about your love story! These very skeptical women wonder why I do what I do... What do I get from the deal. The deep question is am I pretending? 

I have said this before. My marriage began with the fairytale wedding and my dream husband. We were fine until I decided to follow Christ and had a desire to do good things for God's people. I never thought that decision would cost me my husband and my marriage. Well it did! You know that is how God tends to work. He will require you to give up something that you love in order to gain more love than you could ever know in Him.

That is exactly what happened to me. After seven years of crying, whining, and then finally submitting my marriage and my love life completely to God.... you know the end... I remarried Stuart. AT his prompting I began sharing my love story. In 2005, I shared with friends hoping that they would not ever hurt like I did. These original Wives On Purpose listened and began making positive change.
(kudos to Lori, Terri, Dawn, Michelle, Phronie, Pam, Kat, Tangie, Terralon, Judy, Onie, Stacy, and tons more!)  

By 2009, the health educator in me kicked into high gear and I began speaking to groups, writing, and coaching about the power of God's love story. My heart has been transformed and my mind has been renewed by scriptures. As a result, I can stay married, live in the power of God's love and teach from my story. What is your story? 

If it is the gospel of Jesus Christ then your love story is the power of love too. Growing my relationship with God everyday is the only way I was ever able to re-marry the same husband, raise two more children, live with peace in our home and tell others about Him with clarity. 

You are welcome to do the same. Let God fill you with joy. Watch His Spirit fix your attitude and guide you to win your husband without a lot of words.

To day, God takes me to Churches and Women's groups to teach the growing number of Wives On Purpose about love and marriage according to His Word. You are welcome to join me.

On Sunday February 23, 2014 I will be at the

Plymouth Congregational United Church of Christ 5301 North Capitol Street, NE  Washington, D.C. 20011


I will speak to the Women's Ministry group about sharing your love story to influence marriage. We start at 1:00pm EST. If you are in the area please stop in and greet me.

What's your love story? 
Why do you stay married?
Who are you sharing your story with? 
 
Comment and let me know...


Staying married On Purpose,
Lisa Ellis Williams

Did you know that my messages are available on MP3?
Get your favorite today!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa this sounds awesome! I will be away this weekend but I am sure your message will be a blessing. I would love to come and support. Xo ... Kris
    p.s. The website looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your support is always a blessing. Be safe and blessed as you travel. I look forward to seeing you soon. Thanks for commenting here on the blog!

      Delete
  2. "Lisa though my I may not be there to support you you're always in my prayers." Your story and testimony is enough to encourage us all who javr become WOP! I appreciate your blo posts tgey really give me a moment to digest and think critically.

    Thank you for all that you've done in this ministry, all wives need an outlet! My prayers will be with you on the 23rd. May the Lord use your mouth to encourage all who will hear your message about marriage.

    ReplyDelete