2/20/14

There is always more

Hello All,

Today, I started using a new design on the new template for my newsletter. This one provides room for me to give you more information and resources. (If you receive it please let me know in the comments)

As I move deeper into the business arena I find no matter what I do... there is always more....

More to do. More to get. More to give and more to BE. I wonder, when it will ever end? After all more of everything may seem like too much.

That is when I remembered this: Jesus came that I may have life and have it MORE abundantly. John 10:10 (NKJV) actually reads:
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

The issue is that my more abundant life usually comes as a result of change. Things can get ugly, dirty, and painful especially when it involves my husband. Why is that? Aren't we seeking a more abundant life as married women?  

As I pondered the verse, I noted that a few things that I believe keep Wives On Purpose from recognizing our more abundant marriage when it shows up.
  • The thief comes and he only comes to mess up our marriage. If we can expect turbulent times then we are not surprised when they arrive.
  • The enemy's purpose must be taken seriously if we don't want to blame our husbands for every single wrong doing and treat him as our number one enemy. 
  • We must examine the damage done during hard times. Has your peace been stolen or trust between you and your husband been killed? Maybe your finances have been destroyed.
  • In this passage, Jesus is telling us that He came. If you live by faith then you will be reassured in hard time knowing that He came!
  • By faith you can know that because He came you can have life and even life in your marriage more abundantly.
These days, after the thief comes in hard times I look for more because, I know Jesus also comes. He comes to bring more to my situation. What does that have to do with my newsletter?

I must admit that building this business/ministry has been hard work for me. I have encountered the thief on many occasions sometimes just because I am called to speak a message of love and marriage. Maybe because I am driven to help you. But I have learned to identify the places where Jesus came and where I keep getting more! As I said, the new template offers more...

I hope you will begin to see with spiritual eyes the places in your marriage where God is giving you more!


Here are a few examples: more smiles, more kisses and soft touches, more shared laughs and more casual conversations and lots more tight hugs.



Life in your marriage can offer MORE. Look for Jesus to give it every time He comes into your situation. 


Where do you see more in your marriage? 
Do you want more from my newsletter? 

Subscribe today.


On Purpose In Marriage
Lisa Ellis Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment