2/10/14

Praying with Purpose

Greetings Ladies!

It's hard for me to believe that February is underway and 2014 is not so new anymore. What have you been doing to grow in love and marriage so far this year? I have been stretched in a few areas. One of them is going deeper in prayer.

Can you believe after all I have taught on prayer and that God would really think I should grow more! Yes, go ahead and laugh, I did but these were my true thoughts for a quick moment and thus began my growing by conviction. God always wants us to pray and grow closer to HIM. Our flesh and common sense will have us think we are good with that.


Wrong answer!
Here is how growth looks for me.

I registered for a new Bible Study in January.
Rule #1. Always find a new class and study the Bible. My study has incorporated a early morning prayer call.

Rule #2. Get up early to pray and let other women hold you accountable. I was doing great at first. Then I got sick, and overslept the call. I missed the others in my group.

Rule #3. Press your way to God's throne of grace to receive mercy. I made it to my daughters family birthday dinner....missed the prayer call.....
After missing the call for not one but two days, I woke up feeling better this morning. I laid in bed deciding if I was going to dial in. What!  Did I say deciding? Had I lost my mind?


Rule #4 When God wakes you up and wants to be with you by all means go! You will NOT be disappointed. From today's time in prayer God gave me new plans to serve my husband, family, and YOU!

I am glad I did not let my body, good reasoning, and pure disobedience keep me from hearing what God wanted to share with me today.

I hope you will grow in your prayer life this year. After all, if you are like me and leading other women, you must lead by example. I am praying for you and please keep me in your prayers.


Serving on Purpose
Lisa Ellis Williams


Want more? 
Subscribe today! 

You will get News Wives Can Use, Wife Talk calls, Tips, and other resources to grow love and marriage 

No comments:

Post a Comment