2/14/14

How Wives Celebrate Valentine's Day

Ladies,
Happy Valentines Day

There is no secret here, I luv weddings!

Any time a woman tell me that she is getting married, I become her biggest cheerleader. Now let me tell you a few things about me. First of all, I am really a cheerleader. From elementary school to college I wore the short skirt, clapped my hands for my team, and was lifted to the top of the pyramid. For those of you who don't like cheering from the side lines, sorry. I luv it.

Secondly, I have found that my husband needs a wife who can be his ultimate cheerleader. When life puts him on the defense, I need to cheer. When he scores a win in some area he has been challenged, I need to cheer. When our family is winning, I cheer and when God wins another couple to His covenant called marriage, I really cheer.

Now that we have that straight, let me tell you about my newly wed wife in North Carolina and why we should all love like this newly wed. After being married for a few months, this wonderful wife noticed that her husband wanted her to cook. He is apparently the better cook in the family and has never minded preparing the meals. They had agreed that he would do it however, she is already a Wife On Purpose so she readily picked up on a simple comment he made one day. She realized that he really did want her to cook, at least sometimes.

This great wife, did not complain. She decided to do something special for her husband once a month. For month 5 of their marriage, she took off from work half a day and prepared this meal that he would luv. 
I dare say, he enjoyed every bite and was one proud husband taking his lunch to work the next day.

What is my point?

That all Wives On Purpose can love with same care as newly wed wives by doing these 4 simple things.
  • Take care to listen to your husbands desires.
  • Take time away from your work to meet his needs.
  • Take the credit he freely gives when he is happy with your gift of love.
  • Take time to share a picture with other wives who need reminding and encouraging.
By the way, notice the "M". It starts her new last name. Thank you Mrs. McLaughlin for being a fabulous example for us.

I pray you all cook up a great Valentine's Day for your hubby and enjoy fresh new love all year long.

Want help to love like the newlyweds?
Get a copy of my teaching" Beautiful In His Sight"

Need some help making time to cook?
Get a copy of my new release "Time Management for busy wives"

Comment below and tell us how you show your husband that you love him? 

Helping Marriages Stay On Purpose

Lisa Ellis Williams

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Lisa. I will have to think of something to cook up...something edible!

    ReplyDelete