1/14/14

The Needs of Wives

Dear Wives On Purpose,

Let me tell you, 2014 came in like a flood!
“Never let the needs of the women keep you from doing what God has called you to do.”

These words pierced my ears like scratching on a chalk board back in 2010. I felt defensive. Why was she admonishing me like this? I had been a home maker for 5 years hosting wives and teaching biblical principles for marriage. I had read Rick Warren’s Purpose Driven Life and I was clear about my call. God wanted me to help meet the emotional and spiritual needs of married women.

She had been my Spiritual mentor for several years now and had been present as God broke yokes on my life. She of all people knew I was working my plan. While at home raising my babies, I set the following goals: 1) to become an active member of my Church 2) to master grocery shopping and meal planning on a strict budget and 3) to facilitate Wives On Purpose Support Groups in my home.
I would serve the growing number of wives who needed God’s Word to stay married. I would share practical strategies for growing through various stages of marriage.

What was really behind her harsh tone and stern words?  

Today in 2014, as I write this note to you, I heard those painful words again. Only this time I know it is God speaking to my heart. “Lisa,” He says, “You have let the needs of women in your old support group keep you from doing what I called you to do!” You, your children, and the Wives On Purpose Support Group in your home have out grown your desires. It is time to reach new goals! Now I am being admonished by God and instead of getting defensive, I cried then made my confession to God and now to you.

I apologize for allowing my love for you and my desire to see your marriage succeed come before my obedience to God. When I fall out of order, I wrongfully think I am helping you but, when I am in my God ordained place then I am writing and speaking and reaching wives so God can help all of us! If you ever have a spiritual mentor I pray that you take care to listen to her words. If she prays for you and loves you like I do…then God may show her some things you will need for such a time as this.

Forgiven and cleansed I am sharing my 2014 goals with you. 1) To grow my consulting business writing business mission and vision statements 2) To reach over 500 by monthly newsletter 3) To accept speaking engagements at Church ministry groups sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ around prayer and marriage 4) To coach no  more than 5 wives at a time. 5) To write that devotional that so many of you have been waiting for since we met back in 2005. (I hear you shouting) 

God is doing a new thing in my life and in my work. He has called me to reach the women of influence, the strong and those who want to move ahead in their call fighting fear with faith. The wives who are determined to keep their eyes off circumstances and husbands in order to truly see God!

My teaching not my helping will drive Wives On Purpose to watch over the ways of their households, pay careful attention to their husbands, and enjoy good times in marriage knowing they don’t last forever.

This year, I am stronger and armed with the Word of God. I even have new spiritual mentors, my own coaches, and close personal friends to go along with me. Now I invite you to give me the honor of serving you through my work. Tell your friends, buy a book or CD, enroll in a Wife Talk or Take Wife School. No matter how you get on purpose, I am looking forward to ministering to marriages one book or message at a time! 
I luv you but God loves you so much more!
It is a happy new year indeed.
Staying on Purpose
Lisa Ellis Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment