9/30/13

Marriage is a Journey

Marriage is a journey. 


What have you packed for the trip?

I luv to travel and getting ready is half of the fun! When I plan for any trip. I tend to over pack. I pack more than enough stuff "just in case" I need it.  


When I realized that marriage was a journey that I would travel until I die... I started to pack.


Here is my short supply list. 

  • Patience. You will use several applications each day
  • Smiles and laughs. The family size container works because you can never have too many of those.  
  • Your comfy Bible. Your soul should not diet while you travel.
  • A journal. Write down your precious memories and hardest lessons
  • Sermon notes. Help when you make sense of complicated matters.   
  • Gratitude. Keep it on hand and give it away freely.
  • Sexy lingerie. Many husbands appreciate the "little things" (at my age if makes us  both chuckle, laugh, or smile)  
  • Good Reads. A copy of Wife School, Using God's Word to build a stronger marriage, is a great resource to remind you that you will come home! 

last but not least...


  • Love. Let Jesus Christ fill your marriage luggage full of it. He is the only One who can keep it overflowing and carry it for you.   

These are just a few of the things I keep in my marriage suitcase. 

What about you?
What do you bring along for your life long marriage journey with your husband?
copyright 2010 Lisa Ellis Williams (originally  posted on my first blog)   

Want more up to date information? 
Subscribe to my "News Wives Can Use"

No comments:

Post a Comment