7/9/13

Really?




It's the latest saying. We hear it all of the time and even find ourselves looking at people with that classic facial expression then… out it comes, Really?”
Far too often, what we really mean is "Are you crazy? Could you possibly be that stupid or inconsiderate? You have got to be kidding me! 
In today’s popular culture, I like many have come to accept "Really" along with that accompanying face as more polite and easier to accept.

So wives, here are a few of my latest thoughts that come with…..Really?


  • Do you really think the best time to cry out to God for change in your marriage is when things are bad?
  • Have you really neglected to be intimate with your husband for months and act like you are doing him a favor by "giving him a bit of love?"
  • Can you really look me or anyone else in the eye and complain about how tired you are, knowing that you have not done anything to change your schedule?
  • Is it really possible that the person who needs to make changes in your marriage is you and not your husband?


I say, Really, Yes Really!
It is possible to have a strong growing marriage. The kind that you dreamed of and the one you committed to in the beginning. The problem is that many wives fail to make the needed investments of time, study, and prayer to keep love growing. Please don’t let that be you. If you find yourself facing the same complaints from your husband over and over again, it is time to access your marriage.  Take a quick look.

If your marriage is good,
Thank God. This is the time to plant seeds of trust, prayer, and Bible Study. Use my book Wife School, using God's Word to build a stronger marriage to guide you. So many wives are saying it is blessing them. It can bless you too. Get a copy and please bless me by writing a review. This is the time!  

If your marriage is marginal, (you can take it or leave it),
Thank God. You are still a wife. Now is the time to get “on purpose.” Join the Wives On Purpose Community and begin to connect with wives who are positive. Read, Wife School and actually complete the exercises. They are for you… not me. I have already done them and lived them. Make it a point to pray for your husband every day. Pray and listen to God for yourself.
If your marriage is troubled and your spirit along with it,
Praise God. He is still good and His love endures forever. This is the time to get professional help. For YOU!  Your husband may not want to work on the marriage. He may be just as sick of you, as you are of him. Remember, God can work through you to fix the relationship however, you must commit to the work. 
During troubled times, you may need support . You don't want to grow weary in well doing. I suggest you refrain from calling friends to complain or vent. I also strongly discourage using this season to talk about your husband on Face book. Turn inward and deal with your own stuff. This is an urgent time to learn to be a more suitable helper. .
So if you think what I am saying is mean, I say to you “Really?” (Insert facial expression here)  
Those who know me will testify. My heart desires the best for your marriage. I am for your success! I am the one who says, "Marriage is hard work especially if you wait until the last minute to study for every test." 

My assignment from God is to help you enjoy the good times and study and prepare for the rough times. I do this through: 

Please understand that I can’t take your tests for you nor will I be the one to grade your work. Your husband, your marriage, and your life’s fruit will be the marks on your final paper. I can only promise that God’s Word (the Bible) says that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Are you seeking Him…Really? (No facial expression needed)
Peace and blessings be yours,
Lisa   




1 comment:

  1. OMG this is so true! I do have a bad really face! I shared.

    ReplyDelete