7/3/13

Pray For My Husband

Wife: I have a prayer request
Lisa: Yes, what is it?
Wife: Will you pray for my husband? 
Lisa: Sure

This exchange has been a part of my casual conversations since 2005. As I talk with wives in all seasons of marriage, eventually they ask me to pray for their husbands. I have never denied anyone prayer. That is why for 5 years I hosted the free conference call to pray on Monday nights. Many of you were there. 

In 2013, God lead me to stop the call so I could teach wives to pray for their own husbands. 

You see, I believe that marriage is personal and precious. Most prayer requests for it should be reserved for only closest and most reliable friends. (Only those in my inner circle are ever asked to pray for my husband). Setting such boundaries to protect your marriage is one of the principles I teach in my book, Wife School, Using god's Word to build a stronger marriage. I hope you will adopt this boundary for your marriage. 

Why is this important? 

I believe that some prayers for husbands God will only answer if they come from his wife! That is you. How cool is this? I think God has a fondness for the covenant He established and desires to use it to bring wives closer to Himself. Husbands are a wonderful reason to pray. 

As many of you know, I am a huge fan of Stormie O'Martian's book, the Power of the Praying Wife. I will begin praying through it with my Summer Intensive group and wanted to offer you the chance to join me. 

For the next month I will periodically post some thoughts about the prayers. I will ask for your comments and impressions. Mostly I am looking for how God has changed you and your marriage as you pray His word over it. I get excited about testimonies so we will share them here on the blog. 

Are you ready? Do you have a book? 
Get a copy and begin to pray. I will meet you back here to check on you. 

By the way, when wives ask me to pray for their husbands these days. I recommend Stormie's book. At least until my book of prayers gets published. 

Sending hugs you way. 
Lisa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment