12/16/13

Are You Tired?




Have you ever felt like the wife is expected to be all things to all people especially her husband? 

What about you? Taking care of your health, cooking healthy meals, scheduling appointments, house cleaning, grocery shopping, hair appointments, bargain shopping, clipping coupons, caring for children, caring for aging parents, working a job, working at home, oh and yes… loving your husband! I get tired just from thinking about it and yet this long list of "to do’s" is my life. I bet it describes your too. If you are like me some days you get weary in all of this well doing. 

Q: What can a wife do?
A: Take some action before crisis sets in

Here are a few simple things you can do to keep the virtue in your role as wife.

1.       Make a Commitment- Starting today begin to adopt God’s way of being a wife. No more running around.  Sit down with your Bible and begin. There are lots of great Bible Studies around.  You can even sign up for one of my Marriage Workshops to help you get motivated.    

2.       Dedicate time to pray for your husband.  This is different from just asking God to change him. Really release him to the Lord and be willing to accept the man God gives you back. Wives On Purpose pray daily for their husbands. It’s nice to know other women are dedicating their husband to God too.  

3.     Get some friends to take to Journey with you. When you live out God’s principles for marriage, you begin to look a little different to others. Even your husband might not recognize the woman who is using a soft tone of voice to state her case. Doing the “god thing” can get lonely sometimes. Get refreshed by others who are like minded.  Register for a Wife School Group Coaching sessionThere are also community groups and Church groups that promote godly marriage. Get some friends and choose them wisely. 

4.    Gather good resources. Build your own library so when you need a word... you have one. You can collect mp3 downloadable messages, Audio books, published works, and more. Just be careful.  Not everything published or referred to you is based on God’s truth. Read your Bible and memorize scripture so you can spot the truth when you see it.  If you get a contradiction, put that resource down immediately.  If you need help getting started check out Wife School, using God's Word to build a stronger marriage. If you have a resource to share email it to me. I am always looking for good stuff for my collection.    

I am happy to share what I have learned in over 24 years of marriage.  Each day I pray for wisdom and I pray for other wives.  It is my pleasure to give what I know to you each month. 

These and other posts in my monthly newsletter. 
sign up to receive it every month.

Ministering to marriages, one wife at a time, 

No comments:

Post a Comment