11/18/13

My Husband, My Best Friend

Hi Ladies,

Many of you come to Wife Coaching with a goal that you and your husband become "best friends." That strikes me as odd because Stuart and I started out as best friends and we still are.

I think one of the reasons why so many marriages drift apart is because, we forget to treat our husband like he is our friend.

Today, I will share three simple things you can do immediately to let you husband know, he is your  friend (and I am NOT talking about on FaceBook). 

1) Stop criticizing him
2) Stop treating him like your son or a subordinate at work
3) Stop meeting his needs and desires after you take care of children, parents, and other "friends"

I promise you will see results. Why because all best friends want to feel important. Your husband is no different especially if you want him to be your friend. 

Proverbs 18:24a (NKJV) reads:

"A man who has friends must himself be friendly" 
That goes for wives too!  

The greatest news is the rest of that verse which reads:  But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother. My final tip to make your husband your best friend is to KNOW and LIVE like Jesus is your best friend for life!

Need a little help to bring it home?  Enjoy the song!

Want more tips? Subscribe to my free monthly newsletter

Until next time, 

I am living as a Wife On Purpose


No comments:

Post a Comment